Green P@stures

not looking at the other side of the fence. finding it right where i am. it's my adventurous 'walk' of faith from a wheelchair.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

He's Looking At You, Kid

You never know what you’ll find out there in blogosphere: some of it good, some bad. Chalk this one on the ‘good’ side:

God spoke the universe into existence. Everything is made for His glory, including us.

Something interesting a Christian friend shared with me this week. At the far edges of the universe, about as far as we can see, is the Whirlpool Galaxy (M51). It’s 23 million light years away. Here’s a photo from the Hubble telescope (this is actually what is seen inside the core of the galaxy–S.M.):

God is in the Big Things

One of the tiniest, wee things we can see is laminin, a structure of polypeptide chains that are an integral part of holding nearly all animal tissue together. Here’s what it looks like:

God is in the Small Things

A visual reminder that Jesus gave His life for us, and no matter where we go, there He is.

Thanks to Michael @ www.chasingthewind.net for sharing this post…

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor!

Im a teenager from New Zealand. I google'd Laminin to put a picture of it on my blog and you came up!

It's awesome knowing I have family on the other side of the world.

God Bless Yah!
See you in Heaven or sooner.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i googled laminin cause i heard about it in a bible study and your page popped up. i really thought the picture and exerpt about the galaxy was rad. its cool knowing there are believers sharing their faith all around the world.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i watched a dvd that my friend lent me and i was blown away! To think that the glue that holds us together is in the perfect shape of the cross that jesus dies on for our sins! im gonna print a picture of it and the whirlpool galaxy and use it to tell my friends at school and work! Amen.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Pasture Scott said...

Adeleina, my sis in Christ! Thank you for your words from all the way across the far pond! I think you are in heaven's country, though I have never visited except in my mind. Glad to have you drop in...my other blog at pasturescott.wordpress.com is more up to date. You may want to visit over there sometime...

Bless you!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Pasture Scott said...

Bre, I'm also blessed by you today and amazed, like you, to know there are believers all over the world is so glorious! What a family!

May God make you smile today!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Pasture Scott said...

Amen, Anonymous! Though your name is not offered here, I know the Lord has you engraved on His palm because He is madly in love with you!

I hope your friends will all be blessed by your care for them...

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home