Green P@stures

not looking at the other side of the fence. finding it right where i am. it's my adventurous 'walk' of faith from a wheelchair.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Depths


“Out of the depths have I cried unto You, O Lord…”
(Psalm 130:1)

WHEN I AM LOW, I remember that He is intimately acquainted with all my ways (Psalm 139:3)…
WHEN I AM LOW, I take strength from the fact that I am indeed an overcomer through Christ (Romans 8:37)…and I find encouragement in the “we” that includes “me” and not just “he” (Paul)
WHEN I AM LOW, I exult in the truth that where I am, He is too (Hebrews 13:5)
WHEN I AM LOW, I marvel that He is working it all together for my good (Romans 8:28)
WHEN I AM LOW, I bow in humble adoration for He is committed to finishing His good work in my life (Philippians 1:6)
WHEN I AM LOW, I remember that His strong right Hand is powerful to save and rescue me from all my afflictions (Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 54:7)
WHEN I AM LOW, this I call to mind: the Lord is my Shepherd and with Him I have all I need (Psalm 23:1)
WHEN I AM LOW, this song springs forth: His mercies are brand-new every morning and His pity over me is Life (Lamentations 3:22)
WHEN I AM LOW, I reflect on the truth that He sees me as the apple of His eye and regards me as His “love” and “fair one” (Deuteronomy 32:10; Song of Songs 2:10)
WHEN I AM LOW, I take comfort that when I grieve, He also grieves (Isaiah 63:9)
WHEN I AM LOW, I am blessed that His eye that sees the sparrow, sees my sorrow (Matthew 10:31)
WHEN I AM LOW, I glory in His Love that is better than life (Psalm 63:3)
WHEN I AM LOW, I know I will arise and live in Christ to fight another day (Micah 7:8)
WHEN I AM LOW, I submit to the blessed truth that it is in my dying that the fragrance of Christ breaks forth (2 Corinthians 2:15; 4:11)
WHEN I AM LOW, I rejoice in the promise that He will not give me over to the enemy but will set my feet in a large place (Psalm 31:7,8)
WHEN I AM LOW, my soul sings along with the beauteous strains of the heavenly songs He gives me in the night (Isaiah 30:29)
WHEN I AM LOW, my spirit is revived by the Comforter who stands by me in my distress (John 14:16)
WHEN I AM LOW, I find glorious hope in the pleasures and treasures forevermore that He holds for me in His right Hand (Psalm 16:11)
WHEN I AM LOW, ever lower, I see with joy my name engraved in the palm of His Hand (Isaiah 49:16)
WHEN I AM LOW, yea at my lowest, my heart reminds me that I stand in grace (Romans 5:2), am upheld by grace (2 Corinthians 12:9) and grace will lead me home (Zephaniah 3:20)…



What do YOU remember when you are plummeting the depths?

TODAY’S QUOTE:
“Contrary to what might be expected, I look back on experiences that at the time seemed especially desolating and painful with particular satisfaction. Indeed, I can say with complete truthfulness that everything I have learned in my seventy-five years in this world, everything that has truly enhanced and enlightened my existence, has been through affliction and not through happiness, whether pursued or attained. In other words, if it ever were to be possible to eliminate affliction from our earthly existence by means of some drug or other medical mumbo jumbo …the result would not be to make life delectable, but to make it too banal and trivial to be endurable.”
(Malcolm Muggeridge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home